DR. BECKY WHELCHEL
Dr. Whelchel is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor in Tempe, AZ. She is passionate about helping women achieve better health through effective, safe, and natural therapies. She provides superior care for Mind, Body and Spirit by including many natural therapies, including Acupuncture, Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy and herbal medicine with her medical diagnosis.
She is the creator of the Illum-INNATE method for Mind-Body Whole Health Healing which accelerates body healing, motivation for change and emotional well-being.
Dr. Whelchel strongly believes in the role of Doctor as Teacher and educates her patients in healthy living and disease prevention. She strives to provide personalized health care that honors the power, intuition and uniqueness of every woman.
Special focus – Natural Fertility Enhancement using Herbs, Acupuncture and Arvigo Maya Abdominal Therapy
- Comprehensive, Individualized Natural Fertility Enhancement Program
- Preparing for healthy pregnancy/Preconception health
- Complimentary therapies for assisted reproductive technology such as IUI, IVF (Acupuncture, Herbs, Stress-Reduction)
- Fertility challenges (thyroid, PCOS, fibroids, endometriosis, amenorrhea, irregular periods, high prolactin)
- “Unexplained Infertility”
- Male infertility or sub-optimal fertility
- Fertility Acupunture, Uterine Massage, Herbal Medicine, Mind-Body Fertility
Special Focus – Women’s Health and Pregnancy:
- Uterine and Cervical concerns (menstrual pain, heavy periods, fibroids, endometriosis, abnormal pap)
- Hormonal Concerns (irregular or no periods, PMS, PCOS, migraines, perimenopause and menopause)
- Bladder issues
- Pregnancy, VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarian-section) and post-partum support (Arvigo Advanced Pregnancy Training) *Please note Dr. Whelchel provides complementary care and does not provide prenatal care. Patients should have and obstetrician or midwife for prenatal care.
Special Focus – Mind-Body Medicine
The body does what the mind tells it to. In reducing stress and clearing conscious and subconscious beliefs that no longer serve us, a person can allow the body to respond to true desires with confidence.
“Naturopathic medicine is an amazing system that truly helps treat, reverse and prevent disease. My patients feel they have been heard and cared for as individuals. They are so happy to finally get the kind of health care they need. This happiness is my greatest reward and the reason I became a Naturopathic doctor.”– Dr. Becky Whelchel
Dr. Whelchel earned her Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine from Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine in 2010 following her Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry at Purdue University in Indiana. In addition to her private practice at Firefly Natural Health in Tempe, AZ, she creates Online Holistic Health Programs and apps. She is a member of the Adjunct Faculty at the College of Nursing at Grand Canyon University in Phoenix, AZ and previously at Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine in Tempe, AZ.